Monday 23 July 2007

12 Step Butterfly


How difficult is it to find a pattern for an origami butterfly?
Very difficult. I might, in fact, go so far as to say Very Very difficult.

I do need to be able to use this with the kids tomorrow so I have to stipulate that
a). it must not be too complex. Having 37 folds and turning out with little legs is all very well, but not if your age range is 4 - 12 years old.
However it must b).still look quite a lot like a butterfly, otherwise I know that the kids will not be satisfied.

Frustratingly I used to know two different ways to fold a butterfly, one from a rectangular piece of paper which would have been ideal, but I seem to have forgotten them both...

I'm surrounded with misshapen insects and envelopes torn into squares (paper that comes for free and has white on one side and pattern on the other? Have you never looked at the envelope your bank statement comes in?)

I must not panic, everything will come right in the end...

No comments: