Thursday 31 January 2008

musing on photography

My brother gave me a bunch of software. One bit is for data recovery-sort of.
He suggested that I install it and use it to rumage around my own computer, so I can get used to how it works. I did this and duly discovered all kinds of shit i had forgotten about. Photos are especially noticeable, because they are easily visible as you scroll through the junk, and I think that I've realised something.
I have hardly any photos of my current boyfriend.
I have pictures of my Ex, lots of them. I remember wanting pictures of him, thinking he was lovely, that I could just eat him up, it makes me smile to see them and remember nice times we had.

I have pictures of the guy I am currently 'not seeing', stashed in various places, they make me all squishy to look at. Warm, and naughty and filled with longing and dreams.... Make me want to sink my teeth in... Or snuggle up, variously....

But where are the pictures of my current beau? There are about three. Surely this cannot be right?
Don't I want to capture him? (not really)
Do I feel like I could stare at him all day?(not especially)
Do I want to eat him all up? (no)

Something is very wrong here.

No comments: